Question Samsung TV no longer gets signal from blu ray player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2020
Samsung TV, Samsung blu ray player. Both have worked together without incident for several years.

Suddenly the TV refuses to detect the signal from the blu ray player. It DOES know the player is there, because it shows up in the device list. When connected, if I disconnect the HDMI cable from the player to the TV, it says to check the connection, i.e., it knows it was just disconnected. Plug it back in and it says "searching for signal" and then finds nothing.

I have tried:
  • the player on other TVs and it works fine on all of them
  • other devices on all the TV HDMI ports and there is no issue, all the ports are working
  • different HDMI cables just for the heck of it
  • resetting the blu ray player
  • Unplugging the blu ray player for 5 minutes then plugging back in
  • refreshing the device list on the TV

Nothing has worked. TV works fine aside from not seeing the blu ray player anymore.

What the hell happened?

Dec 22, 2020
Tried the factory reset. TV rebooted, had to set language, preferences, etc.

It STILL doesn't recognize the signal from the blu ray player, despite seeing that the blu ray player is indeed plugged in. It connects it with that stupid AnyNet whatever thing, then says "no signal detected."

Anyone have ideas aside from throwing a cinder block through the screen? Thanks in advance.

Dec 22, 2020
Tried turning AnyNet off, no change. No Sony devices, both the TV (series 600) and player are Samsung. (Which, at this point, I would urge everyone reading to never buy again.)

To recap, TV and player worked fine until two days ago. Now the TV says "no signal" whan switching source to blu ray player.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sony was just an example as they were also saying same as Samsung regarding colour format and AnyNet / CEC if no display from a Bluray player.

Can you link to your TV specifically. I'd like to search about it but need the exact model.

Status
Not open for further replies.