Question SAMSUNG TV will not detect HDMI Input when PC is booting

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
I used to have a 32" SAMSUNG LCD 720p HD TV for my display on my ASUS Essentio Desktop, I have recently upgraded to a newer (2015 Model) of a SAMSUNG 40" LED 1080p HD TV. My old TV would instantly recognize my PC as soon as I hit the power button and would show BIOS, Boot and Windows screens but with my new TV it says "No Signal Detected" until it gets to the Windows 7 Welcome Screen. This is a problem because I can't get into BIOS or select my operating system (For some reason my PC prompts for a selection of what operating system to Boot even though it only gives one option, annoying...). Any ideas? I have tried connecting the PC through the TV's HDMI #1 as well as HDMI #2 inputs, tried TV power on first, PC power first, no dice.

Thanks,

-Ian

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
If I set the "Picture Size" to "Screen Fit" on the TV, It shows BIOS and all Boot Screens. There is still a problem though, see below.

Last edited:

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
Looks like upon reboot that the TV Picture Size Setting automatically reverts to "16x9" rather than the "Screen Fit" setting that I use and need. This is still causing the TV to not detect my PC upon initial boot. Initial BIOS and Boot screens are not visable. Any ideas?

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
This helped:
On my 40" Samsung J5200 Series, I pressed a held the "Select" button on the remote while on the HDMI1 input and "Renamed" or "Re-Assigned" the input to "PC". I rebooted and now it shows BIOS and Windows Boot Screens right from the get go BUT after another few startups it started saying "No Signal Detected" again and I have to blindly select my OS with the "Enter" key.

Last edited:

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
Tried HDMI 1 & HDMI 2 neither one works, I also tried re-assigning the HDMI Input name. No prevail. I HAVE NOTICED, that if I turn the PC power on and then hit the TV power button within a certain time of the PC, the TV will turn on and start displaying the PC signal right away but its hit or miss.