Samsung Wants to Emulate Apple's Ecosystem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]You got it right. probably I'll stop commenting on his news articles, only if there was a way to know who is publishing the article before clicking in tom's, I would not even click in his articles.[/citation]

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]AdBlock-enabled browser here, Zak Islam and his management can keep waiting for me to see the ads forever.[/citation]

+1 to both

G

HerpadurpTimetoevolvekids, Kids Who only consume like windows 8 and its crappy ad store UI, but people who create need the desktop and windows 7! So you can just vegetate in you own little crapshack and slurp your M$ METRO PooP!

G

Samsung you are just like Toshiba with your crappy system software and unupdateable Customized Intel HD graphics drivers! I have a Samsung series 3, the control center software can not keep the wifi turned off! Samsung, how come my ASUS laptop gets regular Intel HD graphics drivers updates, and you and Toshiba are just a bunch of cheepskates who never have good service after the SALE! You need to be required by law to provide the complete information on your systems before they are sold, Includng the fact that your HD graphics drivers are NOT genaric and cannot be updated at the Intel HD graphics drivers website, Intel should be forced to inform users of the fact that the HD graphics drivers are NOT genaric by a sticker that says so!

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Samsung is just an operating system away from achieving what they want. They've been skinning the crap out of Android, but have never quite taken the leap to create their own OS. Seeing that they want to emulate Apple with a Galaxy-ecosystem is not surprising especially given all the talk about them wanting their devices to work better together. I don't really care where Samsung goes with this, but if they introduce a closed ecosystem I will no longer be interested in their products. I don't buy Samsung devices for Touchwiz -- I buy them for Android.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple Ecosystem? Ummmm, I think Samsung is playing with fire. Samsung users ain't that technologically illiterate. You play with the iCrap jailamoron model and you will lose your customer base faster than lightning. Mark my words. I will be the first one to ditch you like Shh88304t!

Status
Not open for further replies.