Samsung's Spin On A New Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Not impressed with Samdung. Had one of their monitors, it lasted several years and then it quit working. I like LG better, both are Korean.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

Lasted several years... What else did you want? I have Samsung Tvs and monitors, all have lasted several years and been replaced before any problems for bigger or better. Also fairly easy to repair to boot.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Yeah that 13" model has nothing going for it. HP and Dell equivalents can be configured with SSDs around the $800 mark, with the same processor. Any laptop $600 (or so) really needs to come with at least a 120GB class SSD as an option at this point. It would actually be a better experience with an slightly lower clocked i3 6100U and an SSD, instead of that spinner and a 6200U. But at least make it an option!

Windows 10 has been out for a while now and it's got a desktop and start menu. You can skip the live tiles, or just use them like quick app launch buttons, or whatever. I think they're good for touch devices and even on desktop they're OK for things like Weather app at a glance, calender, etc. But it's no big deal to skip out on them and get on with life. Or at least stop whining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.