Samsung's Transparent OLED Laptop Coming Soon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
The (screen) technology is great, but not on a laptop/monitor. How does this increase the viewing quality of the screen - I think it would only make it annoying after a few weeks' of bragging period...

djmaxx

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I want my windshield replaced with a screen like this, along with augmented reality. Why is this taking so long?????

tethoma

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I would say this technology is wasted in a laptop.
I like the technology, and it would go great in automobile, or any situation where you WANT to see through the screen. In a laptop though, why would anyone want to see through it?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I wonder how long it will take before this is used for a tablet, with all the electronics in the bezel. Dont say never but perhaps a few years. Or a screen only that is a reciever for a computer built into a device the size of your phone that transmits the image and feedback from the touchscreen similar to the wireless HDMI that is in those waferthin Sony HDTVs. Probably R&D labs out there working on it right now.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]Glasses.That's the perfect use for this. TV glasses...or goggles, whatever you want to call them.[/citation]

GPS in a car or speedometer... lower corner of windshield.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]GPS in a car or speedometer... lower corner of windshield.[/citation]
Not the first comment that this could be used in a car as a HUD, bad idea, you would be able to see it in reverse from the outside. Whereas standard relective HUDs work the same way as the teleprompter and you can't see them from the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.