Samung Galaxy Tab Coming to Verizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
[citation][nom]redkachina[/nom]I never heard of "Samung" before..[/citation]
You would have heard of it if you lived in China.

Scarrzz

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
LOL@both

A typo, really?

I am in lust with the specs I've seen for the new SamSung Galaxy pad. Most especially the 16x10 ration Super AMOLED screen.

AMOLED is considerably brighter than the TFT displays in most phones, so you can see it much better outdoors. (Not to mention the lower power reguirements of AMOLED which will increase battery life.)

I'm planning on mounting this nice, bright 7" display on my motorcycle to use it as a rear view display. That will increase my spatial awareness, especially the type that lets me notice light bars on the tops of cars.

It will also connect to a bluetooth helmet for calls & music, and has a GPS to do nav, plus of course, web browsing & all the other Android-y bells & whistles when I'm not driving.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]tuch92[/nom]How will it support HD movie playback if the screen's resolution is not even 720p let alone 1080p?[/citation]
Absolutely. If tablets are ever going to be a goto device for all needs, a resolution of 720p or higher is a must. Until then it's only laptops for me.

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I have to agree with you theoutbound. I will hold out for at 720p. I know its a small screen, but I want the resolution so I am not using giant buttons.

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Scarrzz[/nom]LOL@bothA typo, really?I am in lust with the specs I've seen for the new SamSung Galaxy pad. Most especially the 16x10 ration Super AMOLED screen.AMOLED is considerably brighter than the TFT displays in most phones, so you can see it much better outdoors. (Not to mention the lower power reguirements of AMOLED which will increase battery life.)I'm planning on mounting this nice, bright 7" display on my motorcycle to use it as a rear view display. That will increase my spatial awareness, especially the type that lets me notice light bars on the tops of cars.It will also connect to a bluetooth helmet for calls & music, and has a GPS to do nav, plus of course, web browsing & all the other Android-y bells & whistles when I'm not driving.[/citation]

You lost me at "rear view display" How will that work?

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Scarrzz[/nom]LOL@bothA typo, really?I am in lust with the specs I've seen for the new SamSung Galaxy pad. Most especially the 16x10 ration Super AMOLED screen.AMOLED is considerably brighter than the TFT displays in most phones, so you can see it much better outdoors. (Not to mention the lower power reguirements of AMOLED which will increase battery life.)I'm planning on mounting this nice, bright 7" display on my motorcycle to use it as a rear view display. That will increase my spatial awareness, especially the type that lets me notice light bars on the tops of cars.It will also connect to a bluetooth helmet for calls & music, and has a GPS to do nav, plus of course, web browsing & all the other Android-y bells & whistles when I'm not driving.[/citation]

You lost me at "rear view display" How will that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.