sapphire dual-x R9 280X

Daboomie

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hello everyone,
I really want to play modded skyrim and fallout 4, my question if you can do this good with the 280x? The cpu with it is the i7-3770k. If i have to be more detailed please tell me.
Thanks!

Solution
I have around 100 mods plus a performance ENB on skyrim with a fx 6350 and a gtx 760 and im at a solid 60fps in most areas. Your system is quite a bit more powerful than mine so you should expect better performance depending on the mods you use, my recommendation would be no 4k res texture mods unless you use a high res monitor because all it does is hog vram and kill performance and personally I cant even tell the difference in quality on a 1080p monitor. Fallout 4 runs like crap on my system however it should do pretty well on yours even modded.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I have around 100 mods plus a performance ENB on skyrim with a fx 6350 and a gtx 760 and im at a solid 60fps in most areas. Your system is quite a bit more powerful than mine so you should expect better performance depending on the mods you use, my recommendation would be no 4k res texture mods unless you use a high res monitor because all it does is hog vram and kill performance and personally I cant even tell the difference in quality on a 1080p monitor. Fallout 4 runs like crap on my system however it should do pretty well on yours even modded.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

No problem. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask them here, I dont get to answer enough modding questions on here its one of my favorite topics.

Daboomie

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

Haha, once i have the card i will probably have plenty of questions:)

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Yup the i5 6400 should be just as good. However I would recommend the 6500, 6600, or the 6600k if you plan to overclock. The 6400 runs at a 2.7ghz base clock which just seems low to me, im not entirely sure how much better the 6500 or 6600 would be in skyrim but personally if I was buying a skylake i5 it would not be the 6400.