[SOLVED] Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 5700XT HELP. I'm new to Mining.

May 11, 2021
Hi, I just started mining last night, and I could not sleep very well knowing that my PC is left turned on for mining. (Need extra funds for my mother's chemotherapy, this is why I decided to mine with my GPU.)

I tweaked my GPU based on frequencies I saw on the net, and this is what I got:

Hashrate: 50.55M
Core Clock: 1200 mHz
VRAM Frequency: 1830 mHz
Voltage: 850 mV

Fan speed: 100% at 40c
Current Temp: 48c
Junction Temp: 54c
VRAM Temp: 78c (this is what I'm most worried about)

Could these settings harm my PC overtime? I'm planning to leave my PC on for 2 days, resting it for about 2 hours every 2 days. I'm worried that my GPU would breakdown, causing more problems financially.

Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Solution
115c should be the Thermal limit for micron gddr6. Safe operating temperatures would be below 95c. I check my cards with a temperature gun and when the room gets around 90f I need to have additional airflow over my cards. Only way to know for sure is to measure the temperature, but if you keep your room below 80f and keep your fan at 80% and undervolting your card I would not worry about it until after 6 months of active mining when you need to check/replace the thermal pads.
May 11, 2021
Hi, I just started mining last night, and I could not sleep very well knowing that my PC is left turned on for mining. (Need extra funds for my mother's chemotherapy, this is why I decided to mine with my GPU.)

I tweaked my GPU based on frequencies I saw on the net, and this is what I got:

Hashrate: 50.55M
Core Clock: 1200 mHz
VRAM Frequency: 1830 mHz
Voltage: 850 mV

Fan speed: 100% at 40c
Current Temp: 48c
Junction Temp: 54c
VRAM Temp: 78c (this is what I'm most worried about)

Could these settings harm my PC overtime? I'm planning to leave my PC on for 2 days, resting it for about 2 hours every 2 days. I'm worried that my GPU would breakdown, causing more problems financially.

Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys!

PS. I maxed out my fans because I don't mind the noise, and I want to keep my GPU as safe as possible. Are maxed out fans alright?

jtk2515

Distinguished
Depends if this is a dual purpose machine or mining only. Your settings are good unless you want to modify the bios and change to driver to a order version that is better suited to eth mining. Even with all these tweaks your looking at 55-56Mh/s at 750mV's. I have about 14 5700xt's running atm in a room and it gets hot. I run my fans at 80-90% just because fan replacement is cheap compared to the long term effects of heat on the card. You don't know the temperature at every spot on the card so for me it is just easier to keep the fans running at a high speed so I dont have the risk.

I use the guide below but I would just keep your settings that you have if you still want to do serious gaming on them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDPe3YuIx4&t=411s

May 11, 2021
Thanks for your response. I use my machine as a dual purpose, this is why I did not mod my bios. I often play games 2-3 days a week.

Also, if you dont mind me asking. Is it safe to leave my computer mining 24/7 with my current temps?

Current temp: 50c
Junction temp: 55c
VRAM temp: 80c (this temp got me worried)

jtk2515

Distinguished
115c should be the Thermal limit for micron gddr6. Safe operating temperatures would be below 95c. I check my cards with a temperature gun and when the room gets around 90f I need to have additional airflow over my cards. Only way to know for sure is to measure the temperature, but if you keep your room below 80f and keep your fan at 80% and undervolting your card I would not worry about it until after 6 months of active mining when you need to check/replace the thermal pads.

Solution
May 11, 2021
Thank you so much!