Question Sapphire Pulse RX5700 XT "no signal" crashes ?

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hello.
I have posted on a bunch of Facebook and Reddit groups about, and have tried all driver stuff (even Amernime Zone).

Specs:
700W Thermaltake Smart
Ryzen 7 2700 @stock
16gb DDR4 memory running on XMP2 (crashes without XMP too)
Sapphire Pulse RX5700 XT
MSI B450m Pro-vdh max
1x SATA SSD, 1x M.2 SSD, 1x External USB drive

Note:
Thermals are fine.
Running Windows 11 (crashes in 10 too)
Well, what is weird, the day I got it (17.12.2022), it ran just fine, and the day after it started to do this, and after I made a change like different drivers or resetting the bios, it worked, and after a restart, it starts to crash again.
The card can run benchmarks for hours.
I ran OCCT gpu and full system benchmark, I ran Heaven Benchmark for hours, and even played for like 5 hours without a Issue.
(I have to edit this into the post)

The problem: My Sapphire Pulse causes no signal crashes with weird thin horizontal artifacts before a crash (also a quick red flash on the screen). These crashes happen in games but not always under a big load.
Logs say nothing as well as WhoCrashed app. My old RX 580 used to do this, but it has fixed itself over time.

The Troubleshooting:
I have tried many things. I used two separate power cables for the 6 and 8 pin, I have got a brand new 700W 80+ White PSU, I have tried many drivers (even 2020 ones), Amernime Zone ones, just installing the driver and not the Adrenalin software, I have tried many custom fan curves, undervolting, underclocking, reseating RAM and GPU, made sure everything is connected and plugged in as it should, cleaned the GPU contacts with an ereaser, not cleaning the GPU, as it is very clean, and has good temps.
Is it dying or is it just the incompetence of Sapphire and AMD? Or my MB/CPU?- My RX 580 used to do the same thing, but that hasn't really happened since I got windows 11. Please help Thanks in advance!
A video of the crash (play at 0.25 speed and it crashes at 2:20):
Crashes at 2:20 and play in 0.25 speed

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
What about the BIOS version? Is it updated?

Also, I would recommend you install the latest (direct from AMD) chipset and video drivers.

Your comment about a previous GPU doing the same is concerning. Have you re-installed Windows between swapping GPUs?
I have reisntalled Windiws
What about the BIOS version? Is it updated?

Also, I would recommend you install the latest (direct from AMD) chipset and video drivers.

Your comment about a previous GPU doing the same is concerning. Have you re-installed Windows between swapping GPUs?
The old RX580 is currently being used, and it has been running good for about a year (since win 11 install). I have tried latest, old (2020), 20.5.1, Amernime Zone drivers. Nothing helps with the RX5700 XT

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Understood. At this point, you seem to have a potentially unstable driver baseline due to all the changes. Might be worth your time to use DDU to remove and then re-install the latest drivers from AMD.

What is the make/model of your memory?

Also, what are your typical CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Understood. At this point, you seem to have a potentially unstable driver baseline due to all the changes. Might be worth your time to use DDU to remove and then re-install the latest drivers from AMD.

Also, what are your typical CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?
I used DDU between all reinstall, and also disabled the windows auto install, I haven't touched the card besides making sure all the screws are tight enough, so I'm not sure about the memory.
And the Temps are very good. Without any fan tuning the card reacher 75°C, but I always put a custom curve on. The CPU temps are way low, like 54°C under load.

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

This is in the text, but it's weird that I can sometimes play for hours, and other times it crashes quickly, and I can run as many benchmarks as I want, it won't crash, I ran OCCT full sys, GPU only, Cinebench R23, Heaven benchmark without any issues