Sep 7, 2012
Stayed up last night assembling my first gaming PC, and here's what's in it:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD mATX LGA1151
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
PSU: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card
Monitor: Nixeus Vue 24" 144Hz w/ Freesync

I'm up and running for the most part - I got everything connected, installed Windows 10, updated the GPU driver (to v16.15.2211) via AMD catalyst.

The problem is that none of the three Displayports on the GPU are working. However, the monitor works fine via HDMI (GPU to monitor).

I'm not seeing that this is a common problem from a bit of searching online. I'm hoping it's as simple as a faulty DP cable. I'll be able to borrow a DP cable from work to see if that's the issue. I'm also going to borrow a DVI cable and perhaps another monitor (with DP and DVI ports) just to fully see what works and what doesn't.

If it isn't a bad cable or DP jack problem, where should I go from there? Would updating the bios help? Any other ideas? Thanks a lot!

robbyv17

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I have not. I can try that when I get home from work. Is it obvious how to do that in CCC? I have little experience with it.

robbyv17

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I found the following screenshot regarding DP Diagnostics on CCC: [http://cdn.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/4k_panel_amd_2.png].

Based on that - if I go into CCC and see that Port 1-3 have bandwidth available (~21Gbps), would that imply that it's the DP jack on the monitor and/or the DP cable that is causing the problem? Conversely, if it were zero and/or no ports were detected, that would implicate the GPU, yes? Or could it be something else...say the motherboard?

robbyv17

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
The DP cable was fine. One of the 3 DP jacks doesn't work (of course it was the one I was using most of the time). However, I also had to update my bios. Works now...minus that one DP jack...debating if I want to RMA based on just that.