[SOLVED] Sapphire RX 560 4GB Mining Edition used for gaming ?

Mar 16, 2021
Hello, I have one used Sapphire Pulse RX 560 4GBMining Edition graphics card.
Is it possible for me to use it for gaming ?

I tried it but for some reason it doesnt want to install drivers from Radeon Adrenalin

Solution
No, I might also be remembering a video they had regarding an Nvidia mining card.

What you seek is probably out there, not the first person to end up with one of these after they aren't that profitable any longer. Sadly when you start looking up anything with GPUs and mining, you get the opposite of what you want.

Maybe poke around on Github for some modified AMD drivers.

You could also try AMD's mining drivers. Not sure if that will get you anywhere, but it might install.
Mar 16, 2021
Check out the Linus Tech Tips forums, they did a video and a whole walkthrough guide on setting up a mining card for gaming.

You will need on onboard graphics to make it work, so an AMD APU or a consumer Intel CPU. Basically treats it like a laptop discrete card.
Do you maybe have a link to it ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, I might also be remembering a video they had regarding an Nvidia mining card.

What you seek is probably out there, not the first person to end up with one of these after they aren't that profitable any longer. Sadly when you start looking up anything with GPUs and mining, you get the opposite of what you want.

Maybe poke around on Github for some modified AMD drivers.

You could also try AMD's mining drivers. Not sure if that will get you anywhere, but it might install.

Reactions: AutotronicOPP
Solution