Sapphire RX470 4GB Mining Edition

Tomislav_3

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017
Hello fellow IT-ers!

I have, as the title suggests, GPU RX470 mining edition.

At first, it looks like it doesn't have a display port, however, I have noticed, that behind the backplate, it does have a HDMI port.

Yet, when plugged in a monitor, it gives no signal.

Perhaps, considering it's a custom bios, perhaps getting the original Nitro+ Sapphire RX470 4GB BIOS, could solve my problem?

Did anyone else encounter this issue?

Thanks!

Best i could find is someone else with the exact same card that tried the HDMI and says it does not work.

Logic dictates then that the HDMI point is theoretically functional (or why bother) for when no longer mining.

Thus, a BIOS flash is probably what you need.

*I would contact Sapphire tech support though, and i suspect it will be hard to find someone with the same card who can confirm they got a flash to work as it's not a common problem.

If still mining you don't want to flash though since it would likely reduce performance.

Tomislav_3

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017

I'm asking because I bought 6 of them :D (rookie mistake)
So, when mining is no longer an option, so I can at least find some comfort to try and sell or try to use for private use.

Thanks or reply.

Tomislav_3

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017

I got an answer from Sapphire - they say that it isn't connected to the PCB. What gives? Why would they do that?
Would it consume less power?
What does it take to connect it to the PCB again? Soldering? (Laugh at me please) :D
LINK HERE FOR IMAGES:
http://

I don't see the part where it isn't connected.
perhaps to a trained eye ....

rabino_rojo

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015

I got an answer from Sapphire - they say that it isn't connected to the PCB. What gives? Why would they do that?
Would it consume less power?
What does it take to connect it to the PCB again? Soldering? (Laugh at me please) :D
LINK HERE FOR IMAGES:
http://

I don't see the part where it isn't connected.
perhaps to a trained eye ....

Just bought an rx470 nitro 8gb and I'm in the same problem !!! Did you finally got it? Could you please send me info of the process at cangrejo.thc@gmail.com ?