[SOLVED] Sapphire RX580 overheating.... HELP

Somberalin

Prominent
Jan 29, 2020
Okay, so i've been dealing with this problem for a while now. Precisely since the day I bought my PC

My RX580 keeps reaching 80,sometimes even 85 Celsius,which sometimes causes the PC to shut down or freeze

This happens when gaming, even some not so demanding games for today,such as Black Mesa or CS Go
The fan goes up to 2900rpm,and it gets really really noisy

I've tried several things:

Reinstalling the drivers using DDU
Upgrading my power supply
Undervolting the GPU in Radeon settings
Reinstalling the whole system
Adding an extra fan to the side of my case

My specs
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310M-R R2.0
Processor: Intel Core i5 9400F 2.90 GHz
Single ram stick 8 GB DDR4 -2132
And Sapphire RX580 8gb

Now,i have been searching again,and found out that the Pc Case with bad airflow can be the problem
I have a Raidmax Exo blue, a pretty bad case

BUT
Should games that i mentioned really heat up my GPU that much,no matter the cooling?
I mean they are not so demanding,should not have such an impact to my GPU..

Anyways, if anyone can offer suggestion on what else can I do, please respond

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Plenty of choices in that budget... I have a Corsair 4000d airflow and it never disappointed me. Steve burke from gamer nexus recently reviewed the phantek p360a and it's great. There's the fractal meshify 2 also... You have some good choices in that budget.

View: https://youtu.be/ffuAnwGivO8
here's a list updated to 2021

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Hm... those are def higher than avg temperatures but 80 degrees shouldn't make the card throttle and neither your pc to freeze or shutdown tbh. And oof yeah, i just saw the specs of your case... definitely a bad one, with just 2 front 120mm (and the front not being mesh so they really don't do much) and a rear 80mm. Not even a meshed top. Yikes. Def look into upgrading that soon if i was you.

You said you tried undervolting so that my #1 tip to reduce amd cards temps but even that didn't work. So yeah, im suspecting your case is not helping the case (what are the temps of other components?) or the card might need a repaste.

Reactions: Krotow

Somberalin

Prominent
Jan 29, 2020
Hm... those are def higher than avg temperatures but 80 degrees shouldn't make the card throttle and neither your pc to freeze or shutdown tbh. And oof yeah, i just saw the specs of your case... definitely a bad one, with just 2 front 120mm (and the front not being mesh so they really don't do much) and a rear 80mm. Not even a meshed top. Yikes. Def look into upgrading that soon if i was you.

You said you tried undervolting so that my #1 tip to reduce amd cards temps but even that didn't work. So yeah, im suspecting your case is not helping the case (what are the temps of other components?) or the card might need a repaste.
I will eventually replace the case,soon
Any suggestions up to 100$?
Thanks for response

Somberalin

Prominent
Jan 29, 2020

I just opened the whole front of the case
There is only one cooler ,near the bottom...
And the rear one isnt even there,but thats why i added one 120 mm to the side

Can this be the main problem?

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
As i said, that case definitely doesn't help. 580 is already a slightly toasty card, add a bad airflow and you could run into temps issues. As i said, how are the other components looking? It you don't know download hwinfo and leave it open while you game for like 30 minutes. Then check the temps on the cpu and the motherboard.

Somberalin

Prominent
Jan 29, 2020
As i said, that case definitely doesn't help. 580 is already a slightly toasty card, add a bad airflow and you could run into temps issues. As i said, how are the other components looking? It you don't know download hwinfo and leave it open while you game for like 30 minutes. Then check the temps on the cpu and the motherboard.
Sry ,forgot to answer that

I monitored other components as well,and not one seems to overheat,except for the gpu..

TRENDING THREADS