SAS controller in device manager

Dec 2, 2018
I have a yellow exclamation beside something called SAS Controller in other Other Devices in device manager.
The reason I noticed this is because my icons on my desktop are blinking and about to drive me bonkers. I have tried everything under the sun to stop them. Microsoft did a remote session and was on my computer from 1:15 until 3:15 trying to fix it.
Anyway, we went into device manager and she did not know what this was and neither do I, but whatever it is, it must have something wrong with it. Windows could not update it. I thought maybe that might be what is causing the blinking icons. I have to start to school in January and I can never study or use my computer with all the icons flashing at me.
Does anyone know if the SAS controller has anything to do with blinking icons?

Dec 2, 2018

Yes, I have a Z420 workstation. l gave a lot of money for it and I cannot afford to get another one. I need to try and figure out why my icons are blinking.
What would cause the icons to blink?

kanewolf

Titan

I don't know. And we should leave that discussion to the thread you started on that topic.

Dec 2, 2018

Ok, I am as lost as a goose. I hardly ever visit a forum of any kind. I appreciate you getting back to me.