SAS Drive Not Initializing

May 21, 2018
I have a controller for my 3TB SAS drive and have installed it.... the drive reads as "Disk 6" but it wont initialize in disk management. I can't access it to format or whatever i've been reading. I know I'm one step away from fixing the problem and making the drive readable. I've used multiple driver readers and health inspections and they all say 100% free and healthy. I just cant get the drive partitioned or available for use.... any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using a HP computer with Windows 10 installed. SAS controller onboard and the drive being detected but not usable yet...

May 21, 2018
I'm not the most tech savy... but I've come to a crossroads with this one... I only know enough to follow
directions on the internet and my knowledge is very limited for the most part. Is there any way to format it
if it reads but their are no options until its activated? would I have to take it to another SAS controller to format to my specifications?

I bought the LSI SAS3081E-R 8-port Internal SATA/SAS 3Gb/s RAID Controller Card
and the SAS Drive is a Sas Seagate Constellation es.3

May 21, 2018
I get the data error cyclic redundancy check error when trying to initialize in disk manager

but I cant format the drive because it doesnt read or activate ... So I'm literally stuck at the last step before being able to just access and assign it. :-(