Question SAS DRIVE, RAID CARD, AMD MOTHERBOARD

Jun 28, 2019
I have recently got three 2TB SAS drive of model MK2001TRKB (which is an old model). I am using AMD motherboard of model MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, and does not support direct connection to SAS drive. So I bought a raid card of model LSI MegaRAID SAS 9280-4i4e, with cable of SFF8088-SFF8482. But I still cannot read my drive, what do I need do next?

Jun 28, 2019
I am currently using Wins10, and when I am installing driver, I can only see error.

It said:

"LSI Windows Host Driver Configuration Utility (wdcfg)
Version 2.00.15.00, Built sep 14 2012 12:32:45

System Error (2) returned by fopen: No such file or directory
Error returned by OpenAuditLog, code = 2"

I download the driver from this web
https://www.driverscape.com/download/lsi-megaraid-sas-9280-4i4e

But I can't find correct driver from Broadcom as it seems there is some error on their web.
Here is what I saw when I click on downloading driver of 9280-4i4e.

404 : Page Not Found
Sorry — something went wrong on our end.

What could have caused this?
There may have been a technical error on our site.

We might have removed the page during a website redesign.

The link you clicked could be old and no longer works.

Or, maybe you accidentally typed the wrong URL in the address bar.

What can you do?
You might retype the URL and try again.

Or we could take you back to the Broadcom home page. The site map and site search box, located in the top navigation header of this and every page, can also help you find what you’re looking for.

One more thing: If you want to help us fix this issue, please contact us and let us know what went wrong. Be sure to let us know what Web Browser and Operating System you were using when this occurred.

Thanks,

The Broadcom Web Team

Jun 28, 2019
Excuse me, I have spent a whole day and still cannot correctly install the driver and detect the sas card. Can someone kindly teach me how can I install the driver, or is it because my motherboard just can't detect sas card?

I even cannot install the driver. I have searched for directories to put the files, and tried to find a drive that can run in raid mode. But none of them succeeded.

One more to say, I have turned to raid mode in bios and try to scan drive to set array to raid mode, but I have tried 4 hdd and ssd drive, I cannot make anyone of them to become raid array.

Anyway, thanks everybody for your patience.

Jun 28, 2019
CNET lists that card as Windows 7 compatible. May not be Win 10 compatible. I’ll happily take those SAS drives off your hands, though.

Many thanks for the reply from @colonelcorto. And thanks for your kindness for sure. But I think it will be quite complicated to give those drives to you.

But I would like to ask one more thing: Does it mean if I have win7 then I may be able to detect the sas card, thus load the drives?

Jun 28, 2019
Many thanks for the reply from @colonelcorto. And thanks for your kindness for sure. But I think it will be quite complicated to give those drives to you.

But I would like to ask one more thing: Does it mean if I have win7 then I may be able to detect the sas card, thus load the drives?
It’s worth a try try. Those win 7 drivers might even work on win 10. Can you access the RAID card bios on startup?