Question SAS HDD for desktop ?

thaox155

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I accidently ordered a Dell Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 SAS hard drive not knowing what SAS was until it arrived, and it would probably cost just as much to ship it back since i got 8 tb 4x2tb for $45. So how would I go about getting it working on a desktop ?

I did some searching and think I'm supposed to get basically any lsi hba? even a cheap one on ebay would work? and SFF-8482 to 4 SFF-8087? or something like that. I have absolutely no clue about this and thanks in advance

Reactions: Sakib Bin Rashid

kanewolf

Titan
I accidently ordered a Dell Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 SAS hard drive not knowing what SAS was until it arrived, and it would probably cost just as much to ship it back since i got 8 tb 4x2tb for $45. So how would I go about getting it working on a desktop ?

I did some searching and think I'm supposed to get basically any lsi hba? even a cheap one on ebay would work? and SFF-8482 to 4 SFF-8087? or something like that. I have absolutely no clue about this and thanks in advance
Yes, you would have to buy a SAS controller card. Then you would use a SFF8482 cable to break out the high density connector on the SAS controller into ports you could use on the drive.