[SOLVED] SATA 2 to SATA 3?

Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
Hello, I just bought an KingStone SSD A400.. but it seems that my motherboard only supports SATA 2 and this SSD supports SATA 3 so i can't get the full speed of it..i only get 280mb/s insted of around 500mb/s... so my question is there is anyway that i can get an adapter to convert the sata 2 into sata 3 ..or should i have to completly change my motherboard? thanks

Solution
I'm just so confused that only gets around 250mb/s...can't even reach 300..while i bought it to be areound 500mb/s
That is what you will get with a SATA II interface.

In boot time, you might see a second or two difference.

In gameplay, no difference at all.

Just leave it.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, I just bought an KingStone SSD A400.. but it seems that my motherboard only supports SATA 2 and this SSD supports SATA 3 so i can't get the full speed of it..i only get 280mb/s insted of around 500mb/s... so my question is there is anyway that i can get an adapter to convert the sata 2 into sata 3 ..or should i have to completly change my motherboard? thanks
No.
That SATA II port will be SATA II.

But, depending on your use, you probably won't notice.
Being an SSD, it still gets the benefit of near zero access time.

And if your motherboard is old enough to have only SATA II ports, any motherboard change would be a complete rebuild.

Reactions: Mohanad9555
Look into something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Express-Controller-Adapter-Converter-Bracket/dp/B07M942LN9

There are others.