[SOLVED] Satellite S55 C compatible TPM chip.

Jul 2, 2021
Have a Satellite S55 C series and on trying to update to Win.11 realized it has no TPM but found out it could possibly be installed,
Does anybody know if there would be a compatible chip for this equipment??

Solution
I do but it still works five for most of work needs, was just curious to try Win. 11 and read that the only constrain was the TPM, so was wondering if there was a Bios chip compatible to replace without replacing the CPU.
Or a CPU compatible with the Motherboard.
Honestly I'm not a tech was just anxious to try the new OS and was looking for options to upgrade my equipment instead of buying a new one.
  1. Please don't try to boost up to Win 11 on your main and only system. It is currently barely a beta preview.
  2. Your system (and mine) is far far off the bottom of the supported list.
  3. There is nothing magical in Win 11 that Win 10 does not already do.
  4. Trying to force Win 11 onto that system can easily bork it into an...
Jul 2, 2021
What CPU is in this system?
What are the full specs of it?
Toshiba system manufacturer
Satellite System Model S55-C
X64-based PC system type
PSPTJU SKU System
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU Processor @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS DATE/Version INSYDE Corp. 5.10, 10/14/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Built-in Controller Version 5.00
UEFI BIOS mode
FF50 Baseplate Manufacturer
Baseplate Product 06F1
Type2 BasePlate Version - Board Version

Jul 2, 2021
You know that CPU is far off the bottom of the supported Win 11 compatibility list.
4 generations too old.

Right?
I do but it still works five for most of work needs, was just curious to try Win. 11 and read that the only constrain was the TPM, so was wondering if there was a Bios chip compatible to replace without replacing the CPU.
Honestly I'm not a tech was just anxious to try the new OS and was looking for options to upgrade my equipment instead of buying a new one.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Please don't try to boost up to Win 11 on your main and only system. It is currently barely a beta preview.
  4. Trying to force Win 11 onto that system can easily bork it into an unusable state. We've seen dozens examples of that here in the last week.
  5. Win 11 is not even released yet. Many many changes will be seen between now and an eventual fall release.

Ignore Win 11 for now. Maybe a year from now...or with your next system.

Solution
Jul 2, 2021
  4. Trying to force Win 11 onto that system can easily bork it into an unusable state. We've seen dozens examples of that here in the last week.
  5. Win 11 is not even released yet. Many many changes will be seen between now and an eventual fall release.
Ignore Win 11 for now. Maybe a year from now...or with your next system.
Yeah...... you're making sense ... Thx for the help anyway...

noel_prg_la1979

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Have a Satellite S55 C series and on trying to update to Win.11 realized it has no TPM but found out it could possibly be installed,
Does anybody know if there would be a compatible chip for this equipment??

no sorry, Rugese.
the Satellite S55-C laptops do NOT support any TPMs as I have already checked the user manual for the S55-C on the manufacturer's support site. not worth the trouble for upgrading to Win11

TPMs (esp. TMP 2.0 modules) were only available to certain Portege, Tecra and some Satellite Pro (NOT Satellite) series of Toshiba/Dynabook laptops manufactured from 2016 onwards

Last edited: