Scratch on PCB of motherboard

Truckerbuddy

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Hey guys you may think this is the same question I asked before well its not the other one I found out about was not a scratch

Anyways new readers will my moherboard be ok I rub my finger against it and feel an extremly small bump I rub my finger against it and sometimes the smallest spec comes off but I am not sure if it is me or not can someone please tell me if it will be ok? Thanks!

Oh yeah its not a line its like a bunch of little dots going in a line
http://imgur.com/u0fwShm

Akarin

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Well, that you can only know testing, if it works then you probably didn't damage it. I lost a 1155 mobo on my old computer because of a rusty screw, I scratched deeply the PCB in a small sector, and the computer didn't even turn on because of that, but in a few cases the damage can be just superficial.

Truckerbuddy

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yeah I know I am just getting mad because the other mobo I got I had to RMA it because it caught fire I have to wait till thursday to put it together do you think it will be fine?

Akarin

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
At least for my eyes it doesn't looks that bad, but you could use more opinions, because from my experiences, all the scratches were so deep, that I had no doubt that was a problem. But, wow, old mobo caught fire? Dang..

Truckerbuddy

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yeah I am going to put it together tonight because I keep worrying about it.