Screeching noise from speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow4909

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I don't know if this is the right place to post my question but anyways, I have this problem with my motherboard (I think) its an ASRock 990FX Extreme4 mobo. So here is the problem. Sometimes when I turn off my computer, my speakers make a screeching noise. I think its the audio jack. Has anyone else reported this problem before? Because I checked numerous forums for the problem and I could not find anything related to this. What should I do?

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

screeching noise is common majorly if using 5.1 or above audio setups. Depends on the level of screeching though.....

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Look basically if you are hearing screeching noise after the computer gets full shut down then check the jack and the other connectors. If it still persistes or the screeching appears on desktop itself check the audio configuration or reinstall the drivers - fresh updated if available.Did the screeching happening ever since you bought a PC.

Shadow4909

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Here's the solution to the audio screeching problem. What I did was uninstall the original audio drivers that were preinstalled with Windows 7 and installed realtek hd audio drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.