Screen Black when installing Graphics Card... HELP!

Will_jones

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Hello,

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to PC's however i made sure I did the correct research when buying a new graphics card, here is my problem:

I have recently purchased a Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 for my PC. Here is what happens when I place the card into my pc; I get a green light and all the fans are working. However, I get to a black screen with a small line in the top left hand corner. I then can remove the card and put the old one in and it works fine.

I have had installed a new 600watt power supply.

Here are my PC specs:
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=5146418&spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03046669-17%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

I have no idea what could be wrong and have tried several things; such as resetting and updating the bios and uninstalling old drivers. I have spent countless hours going through support online and on the phone. One website said that the MSI version of the card is better. So I am going to try that. But before I send back the card to get the MSI one I would like some help!

Any help would be much appreciated as I have no idea what to do next.

Thanks Very much!