Question Screen blinks with Radeon RX 6650 XT ?

Dec 5, 2022
So ive been using this gpu for almost 2 weeks, and i noticed that when i try to switch windows, since i use 2 monitors one for main stuff and the 2nd for discord and sometimes for other windows, my first monitor start to blink whenever i switch windows or alt+tab. Can someone could help me to find what is the issue of this problem or any useful advice/help?

My pc components are:
CPU: i3-10100F
Motherboard: Gigabyte H410M S2H - BIOS version "American Megatrends Inc. F3, 23/11/2021
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
SSD/HDD: SN850 1TB and 860 QVO 1TB
GPU: SWFT210 Radeon RX 6650 XT
PSU: Aerocool 550w
Chassis: Aerocool Streak
Monitor: MSI optix g242

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
Do you have the latest drivers installed (22.11.2) ? There was an issue like that, with two screens at different refresh rates, which should have been fixed with the latest driver release.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-11-2

If that's not it, you could try to see if the issue is still there when you use one screen only. That wouldn't be the solution, but it would help to figure out whether it is an one-screen or dual-setup issue.

Also, if the AMD software did let you enable Freesync, the mentioned screen doesn't seem to support it. So, in case you have it enabled, worth checking if turning Freesync off may help (and one can use the enhanced sync option instead).

Dec 5, 2022
Do you have the latest drivers installed (22.11.2) ? There was an issue like that, with two screens at different refresh rates, which should have been fixed with the latest driver release.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-11-2

If that's not it, you could try to see if the issue is still there when you use one screen only. That wouldn't be the solution, but it would help to figure out whether it is an one-screen or dual-setup issue.

Also, if the AMD software did let you enable Freesync, the mentioned screen doesn't seem to support it. So, in case you have it enabled, worth checking if turning Freesync off may help (and one can use the enhanced sync option instead).
so i tried to use only one monitor and ive been using the pc for a couple of hours now and apparently the screen didnt blink again. I also tried to use the same refresh rate (60hz) and didnt blink as well. In conclusion, my choices are: use a single monitor or use both with same refresh rate even though they said that they fixed it