Question Screen Captured Replays, Dropped Frames

TrigMan59

Prominent
Sep 19, 2021
Hi Folks,

I have a high end iBuyPower built Gaming PC with a powerful NVidia RTX graphics card. I maily use it for racing simulations such as Assetto Corsa and several other titles. Typically, I get 100+ FPS inall of my games with all of the graphics options maxed out and I get the same FPS viewing saved replays in game too. I used to then, using the Nvidia In-Game Overlay, record my replays to be saved out as MP4 videos for editing and sharing. They were all as smooth as silk. No, they're horrible. Dropped frames eveywhere to the point that they're completely unviewable. I have no idea what changed on my system. I downloaded and installed OBS Studio and used their screen capture software thinking the problem was with the NVidia In-Game Overlay. No improvement whatsoever. What can I do to troubleshoot my system to determine why these saved replay videos are so horrible? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided. Here's my system specificatiosn:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 120mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - White
Memory: 32 GB [8 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance-LPX
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready) - Free Upgrade to GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER ASUS DUAL EVO
GeForce Game Ready Driver: Version 471.96 (I rolled back to the previous version in Windows with no improvement)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING -- RGB, Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (6 Rear, 4 Front), 8-Channel HD Audio
Power Supply: 750 Watt - Gigabyte G750H - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Operating System: Windows 10 Home - (64-bit)

Roger

i kinda missed your ssd in your specs...
can you run crystal disk mark on it and post result?

Reactions: TrigMan59

TrigMan59

Prominent
Sep 19, 2021
i kinda missed your ssd in your specs...
can you run crystal disk mark on it and post result?

Hi kerberos. Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I've posted the results for my C drive (Windows 10) and E drive (Games) below as links because I couldn't figure out how to post a picture from OneDrive. Please let me know if you need me to provide anything else. Thanks again for your help.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumjyAX6XBNyjrUdx_PSKDF25pRBOA?e=YX90BY

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumjyAX6XBNyjrUfXfwnO7nnonl1HA?e=c9D8Bu

TRENDING THREADS