Question Screen flashes black randomly when playing certain games. RTX 2080 Super

Ben Meekin

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2014
Hi all, sorry if this isn't the place to be posting this, please direct me to the appropriate place if needed.

So starting about 5 days ago now I've been getting a weird issue when playing two games in particular, those games are fallout 76 and fallout 4, my screen will randomly flash black as if I'm physically alt tabbing out of the game, this only happens with these two games at the moment, I've also been playing no man's sky, metro exodus enhanced, age of empires 2 and a few others and this doesn't happen at all with those.

I've since updated my windows, reinstalled my GPU drivers (I'm not able to roll them back) and I plan on testing more games tomorrow. I have also tested my ram, my CPU which is a Ryzen 3900x and done GPU stress testing, everything passed with flying colours and no errors were reported. The only thing I have changed in the last 5 days is I went from using an Xbox series X elite controller to a regular Xbox one controller as the elite had a fault.

Sorry for making this so long, if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate your help.