Question Screen flickering only in desktop apps

Alex5996

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
I would like to talk to you Tom's users. I upgraded to Windows 11 during the time when only the Dev channel version was available without any problems (apart from some graphical glitches here and there). After an update of the AMD drivers or the build (I don't know) the screen gave strange Flickering events. They are sporadic and very short events so much so that initially I thought it was just my impression. I also noticed that during the activities of the dedicated card I don't have these problems (like when I play any video game) but only when I use desktop applications where the integrated works.

Does anyone have a similar problem or do they know if it is a common thing that will be fixed or do I have to worry that my CPU is suffering? The laptop is barely a year old.

Features:
Ryzen 7 4800H
RTX 2060
1TB Intel SSD
Windows 11 Pro (latest official build)

Thanks!
I hope not to be told for the umpteenth time that the SO is in beta and that I don't have to complain. I'm not complaining, I just want to know if I can try to do something or if someone has fixed it.
I have already tried to do a clean install of the AMD drivers with DDU.

This is a frame i have captured (yes, just a frame time).

vlcsnap-2021-09-07-17h47m30s937.png

Last edited:
Check your refresh and resolution settings to make sure they match your monitor's specs.
Unplug and plug in both sides of the monitor cable to make sure they are making a good connection.

Does this happen after a certain amount of inactivity or when you are actively working on the computer?

Alex5996

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Check your refresh and resolution settings to make sure they match your monitor's specs.
Unplug and plug in both sides of the monitor cable to make sure they are making a good connection.

Does this happen after a certain amount of inactivity or when you are actively working on the computer?
This happen most when I am actively working on the computer but only when I use desktop side apps (not when the dedicated GPU is operating). However it's a laptop, the monitor it's just the laptop one. I can't unplug it. Also, resolution and refresh rate match (144hz, 1080p).

This happen most when I am actively working on the computer but only when I use desktop side apps (not when the dedicated GPU is operating). However it's a laptop, the monitor it's just the laptop one. I can't unplug it. Also, resolution and refresh rate match (144hz, 1080p).
Oh, I thought this was an external monitor.
This could be a connection issue in the laptop then. Does the issue change when you open or close the screen more/less? Try pinching/squeezing the bezel in different spots, all around the border of the screen to see if you get any artifacts as well.

Alex5996

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Oh, I thought this was an external monitor.
This could be a connection issue in the laptop then. Does the issue change when you open or close the screen more/less? Try pinching/squeezing the bezel in different spots, all around the border of the screen to see if you get any artifacts as well.
This was something I thought but if I open more ore less the screen nothing change, I still have the same problem. Maybe I should send it to warranty.