Screen Flickering problems

xenzo33

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Hello i have bought my new pc but i have this problem that my screen is flickering some gray lines from the top to the bottom on idle and full load!can anyone help me?and my psu is going crazy buzzing all the time and makes lots of noise! :/
Specs
Xfx r9 280x dd black edition
amd fx 8350 stock oc
gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p
aerocoll strike x xtreme
coolermaster gemini II m4
ms-tech ms-N750-val750W atx
phillips 223V5LSB2 21.5 inch

Flickering even in:
Idle load 18-25c
Watch dogs 1080p max settings
Full load 60-70c
:)

XFX_Support

Distinguished
Hello Xenzo33,

Flickering like this could be caused by your PSU if you know its acting irregular. Can you try a different graphics card or PSU? perhaps even a surge protector or power cable as well? This is more of an a-typical flickering issue.

XFX Support

xenzo33

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Hello XFX support i have changed my monitor cable twice and i got a smaller difference but thats not the problem the flickering line appear on idle and full load and the Psu is buzzing a bit on idle and lines appear and when its full load (watch dogs max settings) the game runs smoothly with no lag at all but the psu makes a lot of noise then idle and the lines appear even more there :/ i will RMA my psu so i can get a new one is the XFX TS SERIES 80PLUS BRONZE 650W enough for my specs?

XFX_Support

Distinguished

Yes, 650W is enough power.

Is it possible to swap out any hardware to try in a different pc? once you start RMAing parts, you may find you have wasted more time than necessary. It should be 1 simple faulty unit, or a grounding issue, or something simple.

Montblanchill

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Quick question - are you using a VGA connection or DVI for your monitor?

You will find that VGA often causes flickering with some monitors due to the manufacturing process and components that are used, backlight specifically. I only ask because I recently experienced the same issue when moving from a 21" to a 24" - they were the same brand however the 24" was manufactured slightly differently and as such, a VGA connection was causing flickering.

xenzo33

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
yo xfx i have good news :D so the problem waz that the monitor power cable waz connected to the power brick with the case so i used 1 jack for pc a another one for monitor and no lines at all :D