[SOLVED] Screen flickers and jitters like crazy (apparently when using white-background apps) -1660 Super

Jul 20, 2020
After updating to the 461.10 Game Ready driver (from GeForce Experience) my GPU has begun acting crazy while on the desktop/browsing. When using certain apps the whole screen begins jittering and tearing. Sometimes I can fix it by either minimizing to desktop or opening a different app (like task manager). After some testing it seems it only happens when white-background windows take up a large chunk of screen. Stuff in dark mode like Windows Explorer or YouTube works fine, but control panel or search tabs make it go berserk when maximized, though they work if the window size is small. Tried uninstalling the drivers (normally and with DDU) and reinstalling the old one but it hasn't helped. Video of the problem can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hWRr1hyHI6rAa74aqlRInlo9jNnPh4CQ/view?usp=sharing

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g
GPU: Colorful GTX 1660 Super NB 6G-V
PSU: Corsair CV 450w 80+ Bronze
Mobo: Gigabyte A320M-S2H

Everything stock, never OCed

Could be the CV 450 watts low quality PSU that is faulty. I was gonna tell you to use DDU but you already did.

How old is that CV 450 watts? CV and VS model of Corsair are very low quality PSU.

Jul 20, 2020
Could be the CV 450 watts low quality PSU that is faulty. I was gonna tell you to use DDU but you already did.

How old is that CV 450 watts? CV and VS model of Corsair are very low quality PSU.
I doubt it, the PSU is less than 6 months old, total system power draw is ~240w when at full load. I've also had long (10 hr+) gaming sessions with no issues whatsoever, the fault happens while on the desktop with the GPU at less than 5% usage.

Jul 20, 2020
The problem seemed solved after following this suggestion: NVIDIA GeForce Forums but came back after a while. Turns out it was a faulty HDMI cable and the driver update was an unfortunate coincidence, replacing the cable has apparently solved the problem, even after updating to the latest G.R. driver.

The problem seemed solved after following this suggestion: NVIDIA GeForce Forums but came back after a while. Turns out it was a faulty HDMI cable and the driver update was an unfortunate coincidence, replacing the cable has apparently solved the problem, even after updating to the latest G.R. driver.

Great to know you fixed your issue!

It could have been the PSU. That CV is bottom of the line model for Corsair and I don't normally recommend people use a CV or VS model in a gaming system. In the future if you start seeing weird power issues or your system start shutting down or restarting by itself point the finger to the PSU.

Take care! :D