Question Screen freezing and no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanebojsa

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
Hello everyone.
I have a problem with my PC.
Today when I first turned it on it worked properly, I played some GTA V and after playing for a while, I injected a dll file (hack) into the game and after a couple of minutes my screen became grey and there was a buzzing noise coming from my headphones so I restarted my PC. After restarting, I did the same thing again and it happened again so I restarted and asked the developers of the hack what the problem could be. They said I can try to reset the settings of the hack to default which I did and wanted to test if it worked. The same thing happened again, but this time after rebooting my pc the screen wouldn't turn on and after pressing the power off button it shut down immediately, which means that it probably doesn't even boot into Windows and now it keeps doing the same thing. What can I do and what could the problem be? Thanks.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It sounds like you unknowingly uploaded a virus into your PC, because changing some game files shouldn't do all that...
Your system is now compromised.

This site does have some rules regarding hacks, cracks, piracy, etc., so this thread may get locked, forcing you to ask on another site.

I'd suggest tossing out your current storage drive(s), getting a new one(s), and resetting the motherboard's CMOS.

Last edited:

bogdanebojsa

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
Sorry about that but I don't need help regarding the hack, I just mentioned that it happened after injecting the dll file, maybe it's the CPU that can't handle it or something? I highly doubt it's a virus because windows defender didn't detect anything and it's a fairly popular hack. No idea.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry about that but I don't need help regarding the hack, I just mentioned that it happened after injecting the dll file, maybe it's the CPU that can't handle it or something? I highly doubt it's a virus because windows defender didn't detect anything and it's a fairly popular hack. No idea.
It's just supposed to be a hack for a game file - it shouldn't be affecting ANYTHING ELSE - yet you're experiencing all this after attempting to install it not once, but twice. That's pretty shady in my book.

Also, I don't completely trust/put my faith in - and would advise others do the same - Windows Defender. It's not very reliable on it's own.
I have a subscription to Malwarebytes, and that has kept out malware that otherwise would've slipped past Defender.

bogdanebojsa

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
And exactly what is this "hack" you installed and it's purpose?
It's a mod menu. With it you can do all sorts of things from giving yourself money and changing your level to exploding all of the players in the lobby. I'm not a douchebag so I don't troll other players, just wanted to give myself some money because it's impossible to earn money in gta online without spending half of your life..

bogdanebojsa

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
No other users of the menu reported this problem and I'm not 100% sure it has something to do with it, but how come my pc crashed when I injected the menu into the game? But then why would it have to do anything with my GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.