Question Screen is pixelated after upgrading the CPU ?

Jun 13, 2024
Hello

I had a Ryzen 1600 installed and changed it to a Ryzen 5600.
After loading Windows on the desktop the image is pixelated as if GPU is broken, and with any action the screen goes black and after a while it shows again.

I changed CPU back to the Ryzen 1600 and everything is fine.

If remove the GPU drivers, then with the ryzen 5600 everything is ok, but as soon as I install driver, the screen becomes pixelated.

As an experiment I decided to connect the GPU to the second slot, and it works perfectly with Ryzen 5600.
I tried reinstalling Windows, resetting the BIOS, reconnected all devices, did not help.
BIOS is updated to version 6203
Could the processor be defective? How to check this?

S4-IvcCwSfqmrvyCKwa8RA.png
SHlPFtUYRMan-KVTrrfePQ.png
50bQ-VsFSneQzYjRfONVyg.png
motherboard asus b350 plus
cpu ryzen 1600/5600
gpu msi 4060

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Jun 13, 2024
A little explanation
The first PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot is connected to the CPU, and the second PCI Express 2.0 x8 (physically x16) slot can take up to four lanes from the bandwidth.
Motherboard specifications b350 plus:
Expansion slots
AMD Ryzen™ processors:
1 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (max. @x16 mode)
AMD B350 Chipset:
1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (max. @ x4 mode)*
* PCIe x16_2 slot shares bandwidth with the two PCIe x1 slots

My wife tested it yesterday in the game "works worse than with the previous processor", the previous processor is 1600 ...
The card was in the second slot

Last edited: