Question Screen issues

Feb 6, 2022
not the easiest video to see them in??
especially if you not sure what is normal in game.
i assume its just the ones that come and go

what are specs of the PC?
Do they show up in bios?
In the video, look at the orange shapes. You can see them kinda split to become bars then go back to normal

Colif

Win 11 Master
so what GPU do you have? What is in system?

Does it do it in safe mode? You can't play games but will test if its possibly drivers. or not.

1. go to settings/recovery - click button next to advanced startup
  2. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  3. choose troubleshoot
  4. choose advanced
  5. choose startup options
  6. click the restart button
  7. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  8. Pc will restart and load safe mode

Colif

Win 11 Master
the circle in corner is more obvious, I assume its not meant to behave like it does. the extra lines above it appear at same time as the blurry ones in middle. Its not just the menus, everything does it, its just harder to see the stars doing it.

watch the picture full screen, you can't miss it.

I don't think its the monitor causing it. I would test screen on another PC to be sure.

Feb 6, 2022
the circle in corner is more obvious, I assume its not meant to behave like it does. the extra lines above it appear at same time as the blurry ones in middle. Its not just the menus, everything does it, its just harder to see the stars doing it.

watch the picture full screen, you can't miss it.

I don't think its the monitor causing it. I would test screen on another PC to be sure.
Yup basically. The video is from my laptop's diagnostic program and the whole screen splits into extra lines. It occurs everywhere, from chrome to safe mode to the startup screen. As I was following your instructions, it continues to split into extra lines. I have tried updating my drivers and reinstalling them to no avail

I apologize as I am not the most technically literate person. Thanks

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Colif

Win 11 Master
what make/model laptop is it?

I would get it looked at by a repair store.
it might be the display if it happens in both games and safe mode as since you have 2 GPU in laptop, its unlikely to be both of them at once.
desktop/safe mode use intel gpu
games use the Nvidia one.
both have same results...

Last edited:
screen has been having weird bars appearing randomly even on startup.
i notice the spaceships in this video also going blurry and then clearing again but i'd have to see it on more than just this one video playing to come to any real conclusion.

i would first try running DDU while in Safe Mode and reinstalling the latest Nvidia driver package.
if this does not clear it up, i would try running just the onboard Intel iGPU.
if the problem persists, try an external display.
if the problem still persists, perform a drive wipe and fresh OS install.

if none of those can clear up the issue, it is a malfunctioning display.