[SOLVED] Screen Looks grainy

Dec 23, 2020
So I just got back from basic training and my 144hz monitor looks grainy, its not super bad but noticeable. My brother said one day the monitor wasnt working then he unplugged it and plugged it back in and now its like this. I think the same thing had just happened to my second monitor. My graphics card is a rtx 2070 not sure if that could be the problem. Do I need to get a new graphics card?

So I just got back from basic training and my 144hz monitor looks grainy, its not super bad but noticeable. My brother said one day the monitor wasnt working then he unplugged it and plugged it back in and now its like this. I think the same thing had just happened to my second monitor. My graphics card is a rtx 2070 not sure if that could be the problem. Do I need to get a new graphics card?

Solution
It Reads VG248 so I think so but like my display is brighter and everything is like grainy/fuzzy. You can just tell it should look clean and smootht.
Have you gone through the On-Screen Display menu of your Asus monitor, they may have changed? You have preset modes like Theatre, Standard, Scenery and Night View which can affect the way your display looks.
Dec 23, 2020
Is the Refresh Rate listed as 144hz?
Is your RTX 2070 graphics card listed?
Is the name of your 144hz display listed?
Yes the Refresh rate is listed, the card is listed, but when I go to Device manager it shows the name of my other monitor but the one with the problem it reads Generic PnP Monitor and its an ASUS.

Dec 23, 2020
Have you gone through the On-Screen Display menu of your Asus monitor, they may have changed? You have preset modes like Theatre, Standard, Scenery and Night View which can affect the way your display looks.
Yeah I did, pretty sure it was the monitor lights going bad. Got a new monitor today and it doesn't have the same problem. Thank you for giving me tons of tips on trying to fix it super apperciated!

Reactions: rocktalkrock