screen protector for 2.5d screen without gorilla glass

pasifil

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Hi, I just bought a new smartphone, meizu 16th which has a 2.5d (slightly curved) screen.

Apparently, the screen hasn't got any kind of protective layer in it like gorilla glass, and since it's not a popular phone, it's impossible to find tempered glass screen protector from a good company with user's opinions online. Cheap screen protector's on aliexpress has mostly bad reviews: bubbles, not sticking, doesn't cover the whole screen.

I feel like my choice is a cheap aliexpress screen protector with an unknown quality that doesn't cover the whole screen + an envelope case, but since the phone has no gorilla glass, I'm afraid it won't be enough to protect the screen from breaking.

is there some other best protective solution?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I would not recommend to not use any tempered glass on a phone.

They considerably increase the thickness of the phone and often times doesn't have proper cutout for maximum protection.

Instead get a good back case, either tpu or carbon fiber as per your liking.

I have used both kinds from big brands and i find that TPU case works better.

It neither let the phone slip off nor compromises with the look.

Last edited:

pasifil

Reputable
May 18, 2015
I would not recommend to not use any tempered glass on a phone.

They considerably increase the thickness of the phone and often times doesn't have proper cutout for maximum protection.

Instead get a good back case, either tpu or carbon fiber as per your liking.

I have used both kinds from big brands and i find that TPU case works better.

It neither let the phone slip off nor compromises with the look.
thanks, what do you mean by ''don't have a proper cutout for maximum protection"?
wouldn't it be wise to buy a book case that will cover the edges of the screen? because i understand that the curves of the glass are very vulnerable.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Take a look here and you will know what i'm talking about.

See if the tempered glass completely covers the phone or not.

May be, take a look at the images posted by customers.

It would rather add thickness to your phone and make it ugly.

Unless you're going to drop the phone from the top floor of your house, you would not need it.

Last edited:
Tempered glass and cases serve entirely different purposes.
Yes you need a decent case to protect from drops, but the tempered glass serves mostly to prevent scratches and can also assist* in drop related protection.

Tempered glass screen protectors are extremely thin as well. "Considerably" increasing the thickness of the phone? I dont where or how you got that idea.

pasifil

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Tempered glass and cases serve entirely different purposes.
Yes you need a decent case to protect from drops, but the tempered glass serves mostly to prevent scratches and can also assist* in drop related protection.

Tempered glass screen protectors are extremely thin as well. "Considerably" increasing the thickness of the phone? I dont where or how you got that idea.
what would you recommend to use on a screen (that probably has no gorilla glass or similar in it)?
thank you