Screen stays black after waking computer from sleep mode

faune

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
Over the past few months I began having this recurring problem where the computer goes into sleep mode, next I click the mouse to wake it and the lights and fans go on but the screen stays black. I then have to perform a hard restart where I was usually getting the "start in safe mode" screen, but lately I have also been getting BSODs.

My system build:
Gigabyte G31M-ES2L (rev 2.0)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Transcend 4 GB DDR2 800
Gigabyte HD 5770
Cooler Master Elite 335
Seasonic M12II 620W
Mouse Razer Abyssus

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it :)

Thanks

faune

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010

Hi Brett,

Thanks. I turned off sleep mode for the computer (but not for the monitor) and for now it appears to be ok... will have to wait and see though...

Now I have another problem: every time I turn on the computer I get a BSOD report inside of windows when it finishes starting up. It starts booting up, fails, re-trys and succeeds. any fix???? I have get a .dmp file from the windows alert.

Thanks.

faune

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010

Hey Brett took your advice but there are things I need at startup... Still I disabled a whole lot of stuff but was still having the problem and getting bsods. So I am rolling back the gpu drivers to a much earlier version, as I recently updated and down graded them slightly.

Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if this helps

boot4150

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I'm confused if the monitor is in sleep mode and you can't see anything ( the screen is black) please explain how do one go to disable / turn off sleep mode functions???

TRENDING THREADS