Screen tearing but not in games.

DayVideo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
I am having this issue where in the EXACT same spot. A horizontal slant in the lower middle of my monitor while I scroll down fast (I like using middle click to scroll down) and watching videos such as youtube, or scrolling down on steam etc, It will tear and get a little pixelated. No matter which monitor or cable I use. Im not sure what it could be, Im not sure where to start on it but I would appreciate ideas.

Solution
in games it has been optimized not to show, in windows there is a tearing effect from the graphics because it is not optimized and also (under normal circumstances ) there is no need to optimize it.
-if you are using BETA drivers opt out
-also take you drivers and do a clean install(uninstall with profiles ) then reinstall

-try an older Driver say the previous one if it still doesn't help there could be a glitch with an update yet unknown.
-double check all cable both ends and connections
-have your monitors set to native resolution alos with native HZ if you are hot spawning them around
-and also make sure all you mouse driver are uptodate could also have something to do with " smooth scrolling" or some other extension, unknown ...

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
in games it has been optimized not to show, in windows there is a tearing effect from the graphics because it is not optimized and also (under normal circumstances ) there is no need to optimize it.
-if you are using BETA drivers opt out
-also take you drivers and do a clean install(uninstall with profiles ) then reinstall

-try an older Driver say the previous one if it still doesn't help there could be a glitch with an update yet unknown.
-double check all cable both ends and connections
-have your monitors set to native resolution alos with native HZ if you are hot spawning them around
-and also make sure all you mouse driver are uptodate could also have something to do with " smooth scrolling" or some other extension, unknown ...

Solution

DayVideo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

I uninstalled the driver, and still have the issue. I downloaded razer cloud driver thing. Monitor is on native res. Nvidia control panel says 60 hz with no other options. I dont know.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
change your theme in windows back to the original, that should fix it.

Aero can prevent tearing without having to force VSYNC on in an application is because it is a compositing window manager. It draws the desktop and all windows asynchronously with respect to any running application

that why you see it in windows and not in games, if you tried to change it or turn off for performance reasons then turn it back on.

automatic_ab

Honorable
Jul 20, 2014

This had been annoying me for months. Switching it back to Aero fixed it. Who knew?! Thank you so much for your post.