Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos

Jul 30, 2018
Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue.

Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best way to describe what happens, its when something fast happens in the film like a somebody throwing a punch or the camera moves quickly it looks almost like the person is lagging, its not a smooth motion. Hoping somebody knows what im talking about.The card im using is a nvidia GTX770 and my Monitor is 60 hz.I didnt have this problem before on win 7 with Aero Theme. Now i did fresh install win 10 with 398.36 drivers with all updated drivers for Mobo,chipset ect ect. 2 days im on net trying and cant fix this issue i tried : Nvidia control panel Vsync turned : default, on , adaptive no fix , power management mode : prefer maximum performance, pci express link state power management set to : OFF , tried Google smooth scrolling off/ on Google hardware acceleration off/on. i tried all above and still not fix can some on help like i said ingame no issue at all on desktop/win10 and videos is the problem ... PLS some one Help!!!

system spec:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 2gb
Chipset : i7-4790 3.6 ghz
Mobo : Asus Ranger VII
Ram : 16 gb kingstone hyperx DD3 2400 Mhz
Windows 10 Pro x64

when you clean installed windows, did it work then? Maybe the windows driver set for your machine is better and more stable.

I would try a CLEAN install of your graphics card at this point. uninstall completely all their software and remove from device manager. then reboot and let windows do it's thing. Then, test it and get back with us.

Jul 30, 2018

i did try that still no fix

I would run this
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

and go through devices that it mentions in Device Manager and try Update Driver on things like USB Hubs, Video Cards, Ethernet and WiFi adapters and you should see latencies drop to greens and yellows if it's a driver issue.

I just did this with my machine at home and it went from mostly red to all good. Try updating the drivers in device manager for your audio mostly.

In many cases DPC latency problems are caused by specific types of devices. So you should try the device types listed below first.

Network adapters for Ethernet and Wireless LAN (W-LAN)
Internal modems
Internal sound devices (on-board sound systems)
Any PCI or PCI Express add-on card, any PCCard or ExpressCard, e.g. TV tuner cards, ISDN or DSL adapters, modems, etc.

Warning: Don't disable devices that are essential for your computer to function!

You should not disable:

any device listed in Device Manager under System devices or Computer,
the hard disk that contains the system partition,
the IDE/ATAPI or SATA controller this hard disk is connected to,
the system keyboard,
the mouse, track point or touch pad device,
the USB controller external keyboard and/or mouse devices are connected to,
the display controller listed under Display adapters.

Jul 30, 2018

All drivers are updated on my PC for all hardware.Its a fresh win 10 pro install so windows auto update your drives + i did Download drivers for my Mobo on asus web and install then also for Chipset,SATA,network, LAN ect ect ect

TRENDING THREADS