[SOLVED] Screen tearing in Vulkan Engine

Nov 19, 2019
Hey.

How to win fight between me ans screen tearing in vulkan engine games (doom, wolfenstein, rage 2, etc)
My monitor is 1440p 60hz. Tearing dissapeared only if i turn on VSync. But i can feel increased input lag.
Borderless window mode does not solve problem completely.

What is your system specs and what monitor do you have? Turning on vsync does cause input lag, especially if your keyboard & mouse's refresh rate isn't that high.

Some monitors have a built-in freesync or gsync features. So I need to know your system to see if it has those features.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
screen tearing will always happen if the gpu and the display are not going at the same "speed"

when you turn on vsync you force the pc to lock maximum fps to 60 or 30, to be friendly with the monitor that has problems with the speed changes from the gpu

the final solution is buy a 144hz monitor, other than that, perhaps see if you can force 75hz on the monitor, see if that helps abit

Nov 19, 2019
What is your system specs and what monitor do you have? Turning on vsync does cause input lag, especially if your keyboard & mouse's refresh rate isn't that high.

Some monitors have a built-in freesync or gsync features. So I need to know your system to see if it has those features.
Ryzen 3600, 1070Ti, mouse g603 with activated 1000hz
dell u2715h 1440p, no gsync.

screen tearing will always happen if the gpu and the display are not going at the same "speed"

when you turn on vsync you force the pc to lock maximum fps to 60 or 30, to be friendly with the monitor that has problems with the speed changes from the gpu

the final solution is buy a 144hz monitor, other than that, perhaps see if you can force 75hz on the monitor, see if that helps abit
monitor can handle up to 80hz in native 1440p , but any above than 60hz give frame skipping in ufo test
how buying 144hz monitor can help? i don't have much fps in modern AAA games.

Another option is applying a frame cap/limiter at 59-60 FPS. This doesn’t have the lag of v-sync and can help a lot with screen tearing.
It's working with DirectX games but in Vulkan API games i have tearing even with stable 60fps