[SOLVED] Screen tearing RTX 2060/4k Monitor

TiernO

Honorable
Dec 30, 2015
I have 2 of these monitors:

https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/-lu28r...xsRh6eCJosmm5IPkf8WT9nyYP1PQFePRoC82gQAvD_BwE

and a Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC.

I have one monitor connected via a HDMI cable and the other display port. I'm getting screen tearing pretty frequently when watching videos. It doesn't happen on the monitors using them with my Xbox Series X and I have tried different cables. Anyone know anything I can fix in the GPU settings or something? I have latest drivers installed.

Solution
What OS version are you on for your desktop? Make and model of your motherboard as well as the PSU? Age of the PSU in your build? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard?

You might want to see if uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, changes your experience.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS version are you on for your desktop? Make and model of your motherboard as well as the PSU? Age of the PSU in your build? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard?

You might want to see if uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, changes your experience.

Solution