Question Screens went black and gpu fan ramped up to 100%

Mar 29, 2024
Hi all, i've a small question to ask to help quell a concern. I booted up my pc this morning and booted up a smallish game ( Tavern Manager Simulator ) and about 2 minutes into playing both of my monitors went black, and the fans on my gpu ramped to 100%. I hard reset the pc, booted up the game again, used afterburner to watch temps, and had no issues, game ran fine for 2 hours, then i turned it off, temps didn't go about 60c ( with this gpu i've noticed i rarely go over 70 unless its a demanding game such as Alan Wake 2 or Cyberpunk ) So my question is, was this potentially just a blip, or a sign of something serious? Any help would be appreciated, thank you all.
PS: The only change to my pc was i bought a new wireless mouse and this was the first day of using it.

Pc Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Super windforce OC
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18
PSU: NZXT C750 - NP-C750M-UK - 750 Watt PSU - 80+ Gold Certified
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Motherboard ATX
Boot drive ( SSD ): Samsung SSD 980 1TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core Processor

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build?

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i., Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Mar 29, 2024
How old is the PSU in your build?

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i., Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Just under 3 years old now i think, around that time frame. I'll try reinstalling the drivers and get back to you on that.

Mar 29, 2024
So it seems to be working okay now, i've played a few games, warframe, tavern sim again, and no black screens/fans ramping up, so is it possible it was just some sort of blip? as i said, today i switched to a new wireless mouse but i can't imagine it was the cause, regardless it seems to be okay now, thank you for the help