Screensaver with Multiple Monitors

egoche

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
A short time ago, I added two monitors to a 64-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate computer. The installation - of both the extra graphics cards & monitors - went smoothly. The screensaver being used was the photo screensaver and that was being displayed nicely on the middle monitor.

About a week or so ago, the pictures in the screensaver had moved so that approximately 3/4 of the picture was being displayed on the left monitor while the right portion of the picture is appearing on the middle monitor.

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been modified but I'm not the only one who uses the computer so it's very possible a setting was adjusted and I'm not aware of it.

Has anyone heard of this situation and possible solutions?

Eric

Well to kind of have a better picture of things can you supply the following.

System Specifications:
CPU:
MOBO:
RAM:
GPU:
PSU:
CASE:
Monitor Resolution:

If you have a store bought computer please provide the following:

Company:
MODEL:

egoche

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
The computer is a Dell XPS 8300. It was purchased through Dell's website; other than CPU & RAM, I didn't alter the recommended configuration.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.10GHz
RAM: 6GB

Monitor 1 (Left)
Dell E196FP
ATI Radeon HD 5670 (onboard)
1280 x 1024
75Hz
Monitor 2 (Middle)
HannSpree HF255D
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
1920 x 1080
60Hz
Monitor 3 (Right)
HannSpree HF255D
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
1920 x 1080
60Hz

Specs really are irrelevant for this issue. There is a bug with windows 7 photo screensaver and there is no way to change the settings. You could try a third party screensaver which tend to be better. For photos I'd suggest picasa. http://picasa.google.com/

egoche

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
To be honest I was actually looking to get it back to where the photo screensaver displays on just the middle monitor. But now that I think about it, would it be possible to span the photo across all monitors? Or even better, and of course, more difficult, show different pictures on each monitor?

TRENDING THREADS