[SOLVED] Screenshots not showing until i refresh

xZOKA

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
Whenever i capture something and save it to my desktop (this only happens on the desktop screen) it doesnt show up until i refresh the page. If i save it to any other place such as downloads, it does automatically show up not needing a refresh. Any reasons why? I'm using windows 10 pro, also wallpaper engine is always working if that might help?

Colif

Win 10 Master
do you have more than 1 drive in PC?
If so, is your one drive folder on say a hdd?
Somehow my Desktop is saved on Onedrive and since my Onedrive folder is on the hdd, it means desktop is there too. I don't have any problems with it there but maybe if you are the same, it might pay to defrag or run chkdsk on the drive.

xZOKA

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
this also happens for any kind of saved file too, such as pdf's that i save to my desktop needs a refresh of the desktop to pop

Colif

Win 10 Master
Somehow my Desktop is saved on Onedrive and since my Onedrive folder is on the hdd, it means desktop is there too. I don't have any problems with it there but maybe if you are the same, it might pay to defrag or run chkdsk on the drive.

xZOKA

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
Yeah, i deleted onedrive but didnt know that my desktop, documents photos etc. were still in onedrive! Why would that be like that i deleted you... Anyhow i fixed it by changing their location from onedrive to C: drive. Thank you a lot!

ASK THE COMMUNITY