News 'Screwed Drivers' Report Finds Intel, AMD and Nvidia Vulnerabilities (Among Others)

Giroro

Splendid
I'm a little confused why they called AMD ATI Technologies.
That branding was phased out pretty quickly after the merge, and as far as I know was never used in the context of them being a "BIOS vendor"

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm a little confused why they called AMD ATI Technologies.
That branding was phased out pretty quickly after the merge, and as far as I know was never used in the context of them being a "BIOS vendor"
A lot of graphics cards have advertised "dual BIOS" and other firmware features over the years. I think the naming of ATI was chosen to specifically point the finger at driver and firmware issues at AMD's graphics division while leaving the CPU, chipset, and storage divisions alone. The obsolete branding is still readily understood.

A lot of graphics cards have advertised "dual BIOS" and other firmware features over the years. I think the naming of ATI was chosen to specifically point the finger at driver and firmware issues at AMD's graphics division while leaving the CPU, chipset, and storage divisions alone. The obsolete branding is still readily understood.

Considering who thewy have on the list currently I wouldn't be surprised if their other drivers are also part of the list of vulnerable drivers. From reading this I don't think there is anyone who is not on the list considering that this has as much to do with Windows as it does with the drivers and certificates themselves.

Reactions: bigdragon