Scythe Intros CPU Cooler with 'Hayabusa' Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]Kinda looks like your run of the mill cooler...[/citation]

The fan, however, is not. From the looks of the fan, they designed it so it would be able to mounted in a 12cm location while being a 14cm fan. This is like the new case fan by Prolimach which is also designed to mount in a 12cm location while being a 14cm fan (and the Prolimach fan is 15mm think instead of the standard 25mm).

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]The fan, however, is not. From the looks of the fan, they designed it so it would be able to mounted in a 12cm location while being a 14cm fan. This is like the new case fan by Prolimach which is also designed to mount in a 12cm location while being a 14cm fan (and the Prolimach fan is 15mm think instead of the standard 25mm).[/citation]

I agree with you about the fan being different. Low RPM means quieter in operation. I currently have a massive heatsink for my CPU which I think it's overkill so this new heatsink would do just nicely.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Can you even buy Scythe in the USA, again? Their USA subsidiary folded, last year, and their stuff became really scarce. :(

Luckily, I still managed to find a Big Shuriken II in December - one of the best down-draft coolers out there.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]The fan, however, is not. From the looks of the fan, they designed it so it would be able to mounted in a 12cm location while being a 14cm fan. This is like the new case fan by Prolimach which is also designed to mount in a 12cm location while being a 14cm fan (and the Prolimach fan is 15mm think instead of the standard 25mm).[/citation]
I believe Noctura also has a fan mount capable of doing that...

G

It would be nice if the article discussed the fan's stated performance in relation to others of its class, instead of just listing stats, for those of us who aren't up to speed on our CFM's and dBA's

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
[citation][nom]major-error[/nom]http://www.quietpcusa.com/Search.aspx?k=Scythe[/citation]
Thanks. Their pricing looks pretty competitive, too.

Do they import, themselves? Or does Scythe have a new US distributor?

Status
Not open for further replies.