SD card not being able to get formatted and deleted files come back.

Deva Surya

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
I have a Samsung 16 GB SD card and it is not able to get formatted. When I delete files in the SD card and remount it, the files come back. I can't even add more files in it. The files disappear. But, the files in the card is accessible. I have tried to format it in my PC. I doesn't work. I have even tried third party applications. It doesn't work. It shows that format cannot be completed. I have tried command prompt and stuff. But it won't work. Please suggest a solution.

Two possibilities.

• ■The card is locked. There's a lock slider on the side of every SD card. Sometimes it breaks off, or the interior section of the slider bends, resulting in it being in the unlocked position when it's actually locked. Fiddle with it, see if you can get it to unlock. Sometimes the device you're putting it into has a tight fit, and moves the slider to the locked position every time you insert the card.
    ■The card is dead. A lot of flash devices are designed to go into a failsafe mode when they detect they're failing. This allows you to read them to get any crucial data off of them. But you're prevented from writing to the card (which may exacerbate the failure state to the point where you can't even read from it anymore).