Question SD Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
I have 64gb SD card and i want to make it as a default storage for media stuff from some apps or even default for gallery to save screenshot,etc. on SD card.
using Redmi Note 7 with MIUI 12.5.1

On some phones you can change the default storage from internal memory to SD card in the Settings => Storage.

But it depends on the particular app that you are using. Many apps simply use internal storage as default and you can't change it. You'll have to manually move the files to SD card from time to time.

Reactions: Doritkov

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
yes but the fact
On some phones you can change the default storage from internal memory to SD card in the Settings => Storage.

But it depends on the particular app that you are using. Many apps simply use internal storage as default and you can't change it. You'll have to manually move the files to SD card from time to time.
yes but the fact is like screenshots and other media when i transfer them manually i open gallery app or gallery go etc i can't find them showing on the app that's the biggest problem

yes but the fact

yes but the fact is like screenshots and other media when i transfer them manually i open gallery app or gallery go etc i can't find them showing on the app that's the biggest problem

Screenshots is a built-in function so on most of phones the images are saved in DCIM\Screenshots.

On older Android version you can use the SD card for camera app storage, but as phone cameras are more and more powerful, resulting in larger image files, the SD card option has been removed because they are too slow for new generation of camera.

BTW if you want to use your SD card for storage, try to create a folder on he SD card with name DCIM (just like on the internal memory), then put your photos inside this folder, apps usually look for photos and videos in the DCIM folder first.

Reactions: Doritkov

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
Screenshots is a built-in function so on most of phones the images are saved in DCIM\Screenshots.

On older Android version you can use the SD card for camera app storage, but as phone cameras are more and more powerful, resulting in larger image files, the SD card option has been removed because they are too slow for new generation of camera.

BTW if you want to use your SD card for storage, try to create a folder on he SD card with name DCIM (just like on the internal memory), then put your photos inside this folder, apps usually look for photos and videos in the DCIM folder first.
forgot to reply but yes that's what i did and worked thanks
but now i got a new problem about all the images are now shown as created on Dec 17 and like 11K images showing in the "all photos section" and i posted a thread with info if you could help i'd be thankful

forgot to reply but yes that's what i did and worked thanks
but now i got a new problem about all the images are now shown as created on Dec 17 and like 11K images showing in the "all photos section" and i posted a thread with info if you could help i'd be thankful

Unfortunately, once copied or moved the images's date are usually altered, but for most of images (especially those taken with digital cameras) the correct dates are still stored in the EXIF info. A good app would use the EXIF data to sort images automatically, but many apps lack this feature.

You can an app like this to restore the EXIF data of the images so that you can sort them by date.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.duong.imagedatefixer&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1

Status
Not open for further replies.