SD card that says needs to be formatted

Sep 21, 2018
I took my sd card out of my 3ds to use pkhex like I always do. but now my pc says it's not recognized and i need to format it before i can use it. panicked I put it back in my ds. my ds still reads it fine. I put it in my school laptop, and that read it just fine. so I scan and repaired it and my school laptop found no issue. so I figured since it had been read it would work now, nope. my normal pc still says it needs to be formatted. I also get an error at the same time that the volume is unrecognized or something, and the disk is inaccessible. i read about a usb disk with this issue and tried the chkdsk. cmd says the file system is fat32. it verifies my files and says it finds no problems. but my windows explorer will still not open it unless I format it. I can't format it because I need the files on it for my ds to work. but this means i can't use pkhex anymore because all my save files are on this card. what am I supposed to do to not lose the files and how do I get my pc to stop doing this???

[edited by moderator for language. Please keep in mind that this is a family friendly forum and chose your words accordingly. Thank you]

Solution
You could have issues on one of the data lines of the laptop. Seeing if it can complete the format might verify that, Since you have an easy way to back up and restore the data.

Sep 21, 2018

I suppose I could but is that the only solution? like what's wrong with my laptop