Question SDD as primary laptop drive

alen2dull

Reputable
Mar 25, 2019
Now I dont have much knowledge about this kind of things so came here to hear ya'll suggestions

Month ago my LAPTOP's HDD broke. Now im planning on buying an ssd for replacement for my hdd. I've read some stuff that sdds are better than hdd but idk how they work.

Wondering if I can just simply put my sdd to my laptop and use it. I think I have to install an OS in it? Idk if sdd I have to find a certain sdd that can connect to my laptop.

Im using a Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5306

Mar 24, 2019
Now I dont have much knowledge about this kind of things so came here to hear ya'll suggestions

Month ago my LAPTOP's HDD broke. Now im planning on buying an ssd for replacement for my hdd. I've read some stuff that sdds are better than hdd but idk how they work.

Wondering if I can just simply put my sdd to my laptop and use it. I think I have to install an OS in it? Idk if sdd I have to find a certain sdd that can connect to my laptop.

Im using a Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5306
All Laptops use 2.5 inch HDDs so upgrading to a normal SSD (which are also 2.5inch) won’t be any problem.
I have done that myself and the Laptop works better than ever before.
Just screw open your Laptop, disconnect the HDD, connect the SSD, and screw in the screws again. After that you should reinstall Win 10.
How?
www.windowscentral.com%2Fhow-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support&psig=AOvVaw32x5j24KPxaA--5eurni72&ust=1553597099303915

Yes, you need another PC to install Windows 10
After that you can look up for cheap OEM Win 10 keys (~15usd)

Reactions: alen2dull

alen2dull

Reputable
Mar 25, 2019
All Laptops use 2.5 inch HDDs so upgrading to a normal SSD (which are also 2.5inch) won’t be any problem.
I have done that myself and the Laptop works better than ever before.
Just screw open your Laptop, disconnect the HDD, connect the SSD, and screw in the screws again. After that you should reinstall Win 10.
How?
www.windowscentral.com%2Fhow-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support&psig=AOvVaw32x5j24KPxaA--5eurni72&ust=1553597099303915

Yes, you need another PC to install Windows 10
After that you can look up for cheap OEM Win 10 keys (~15usd)
Thank you very much.

I can find a new sdd easier with specific sizes of 2.5 inch.
So my hdd is already broken so I already got it out of my laptop. Not having another laptop to get myself an OS, is it better for me to just buy a clean installation cd of windows(I think I saw some being sold with the keys)?

Mar 24, 2019
Thank you very much.

I can find a new sdd easier with specific sizes of 2.5 inch.
So my hdd is already broken so I already got it out of my laptop. Not having another laptop to get myself an OS, is it better for me to just buy a clean installation cd of windows(I think I saw some being sold with the keys)?
Well, that can be very expensive. I don’t know for how much you saw them but I can’t find any under 100 Bucks. If you somehow manage to get access to a PC the method with the USB drive is waaaay cheaper. I would recommend searching on google on how to make a bootable win 10 installation usb stick. Because these articles are more detailed than my description. ;)

Reactions: alen2dull