[SOLVED] SDD mount for internal storage

Jan 4, 2020
I bought a Samsung V-Nand SDD 850 EVO to replace my HDD and will use the HDD as the backup. The new SDD is slim and small of course and my HDD is larger has a blue mount to slide into the new tower bracket properly. What is the mount /case thing called that I need to put the SDD safely into the bracket in the tower? Thank you!

Solution
OK, check this video here at 2:02 when the drive tray and SSD are shown being installed in one of the larger bays:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddPhprluds0&t=02m02s

Definitely a cheat there in the video because you can see the drive is not fixed to the tray when she flips it over, but it does look like there are mounting holes in that tray. See if they line up with your SSD mounting holes. You should have tiny screws somewhere from either the case or SSD packaging to mount the SSD with. Try the screws in the SSD by hand to confirm they are the correct size/length before using a screwdriver.
Jan 4, 2020
SSD to HDD bracket (2.5” to 3.5”)

I’m assuming your HDD is 3.5”, but if you have an older case and the drive bay is 5.25” you’ll need a 2.5” to 5.25” bracket.

What’s the make/model number of your case exactly?

Rosewill Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case White Edition, Supports Up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, Comes with Four Fans - THOR V2-W

It will fit in the smaller bay, but because it is this slim credit card looking thing, I assumed it would need a plastic type housing to slide into the smaller bay. I was told on another support link, to screw the SDD directly into the bay. That's didn't feel quite right. Although it could be the way.

I have not rebuilt a PC since Win98! So things are different =)

OK, check this video here at 2:02 when the drive tray and SSD are shown being installed in one of the larger bays:

Definitely a cheat there in the video because you can see the drive is not fixed to the tray when she flips it over, but it does look like there are mounting holes in that tray. See if they line up with your SSD mounting holes. You should have tiny screws somewhere from either the case or SSD packaging to mount the SSD with. Try the screws in the SSD by hand to confirm they are the correct size/length before using a screwdriver.

Solution
Jan 4, 2020

This was awesome! My son and I just watched. Thank you thank you. I wish I thought of googling the Thor2 build LOL.

Thank you thank you!

Reactions: mortemas

TRENDING THREADS