Seagate Expansion 1TB HDD not responding?

kumarsrimali

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Hi Guyz,

Yesterday my external HDD dropped from 12" height and stopped working. Its just 6 months old and is in warranty. Light is not glowing anymore and I don't think its spinning either though whenever I connect it to computer, it shows near clock that a USB device is being connected to the computer but nothing is there in "My Computer" or "Disk Management"

I badly need the data in HDD, Please! Please! Please! HELP!!!

Thanks in Advance ;)

One option is to remove the drive from the external enclosure and install it as another drive in your computer or connect it externally with a USB to SATA cable or a drive dock. The downside to this is that it will void your warranty. Of course this may be a moot point since the warranty probably doesn't cover a dropped drive. If you choose to send the drive back then all the data will be lost. Not to add salt to the wound but in the future be sure to make sure you have a backup of all critical data.

kumarsrimali

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
The thing is I never used to take backups, I just kept everything in my computer. This is the first time when I bought an external HDD and took backup of all the files. Unfortunately HDD dropped and now I'm in a big problem when tried to get organized :(