Question Seagate Ontrack Dynamic Drive Overlay Virtualbox

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 12, 2020
Can anybody help about this issue:

We have some old machine and cloned the drive (1Gig CF cloned RAW image).
We are having troubles with virtualization of OS2 Warp3 OS.
Since old bios of machine does not support bigger disks on disk is installed Seagate ONTRACK Dynamic Disk Overlay.

We are trying to virtualize the PC on it by cloning raw image and convertiong it to virtual disk and then run it in VM (mostly this works, but Seagate ontrack fails in this case)

Here is a picture

Made vdi from with convertfromraw it but when we try to boot up Seagate Tool is failing..
The machine has old bios
VDI Geometry is exactly as in original bios.
Does anyone knows how to fix seagate DDO problem and not to ruin data on the disk?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Nov 12, 2020
.vdi disks are not arch specific as I know. You should run fine this vdi on 32bit virtualbox. VDI is just virtual drive interface..

You can try creating virtualbox machine with IDE controller and mount this vdi in to it..

https://ibb.co/rsn4YBw

It should boot fine. I am stuck with running IMAWOP.(do not know why. Could be some CNC machine related hw issue or graphics (standard VGA controller cannot run IMAWOP))
Failed to install any other graphic adapter because I would have to fix OS2 additions (aka Virtualbox additions)... did not have the time to play..

Here is the .vdi file:
https://www.transfernow.net/6g1NQr112020

Nov 12, 2020
Thanks. It appears that my hardware is too old.

"VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests (e.g. OS/2 and QNX) require this feature and will fail to boot without it."

Hyper-V is disabled, so that's not the problem.

If I continue anyway, I get a DOSCALL1.DLL error with a CPU register dump.

Sorry.

Nov 12, 2020
Never mind. I MADE IT :)
Was a graphics problem.
Somehow installed some wierd drivers and now IMASOP is up and running :) .

Fixed mouse driver to..

So.. Thanks alot for your trials you helped my to understand that Seagate is not a problem at all..
WOP was a graphics problem.. would not run under standard VGA driver.. so I somehow i say somhow couse I really do not know which one installed succesfully but it is and is working like a charm :)

TY ALOT.. Greeetings..